Air Compressor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Lewis

Hi All

Do any of you use an Air Compressor when drying off your bike?

I went to a LBS at the weekend to pick up some new shoes and a Helmet and he was servicing another bike, he had washed it and then used an air compressor to get it dry.

I wash my bike regularly and it just put a thought in my head "I hope my toweling down is ok and i have no water sitting any where"

What are your guys views on them and are they a worthwhile purchase?

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I've never thought to use my compressor to dry off my bike...I might give it a go next time though lol

Shaun

Founder
I suspect it will be used for speed - get it dried off ASAP and get the next bike on the stand for some work. Quick turnaround and less puddles on the workshop floor. :thumbsup:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
If the shop has an air compressor on site and ready to use then why not use it, but this wouldnt be a must have purchase for an amateur cyclist.

Shaun

Founder
The only time I ever used a compressor on my bike was at my old workplace - to see how fast we could get one of the clipless pedals spinning on my Spesh commuter.

We whimped out when the whining noise got quite loud and high pitched and the pedal became a complete silver blur!! :surrender:

The answer: Very fast!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The only time I ever used a compressor on my bike was at my old workplace - to see how fast we could get one of the clipless pedals spinning on my Spesh commuter.

We whimped out when the whining noise got quite loud and high pitched and the pedal became a complete silver blur!! :surrender:

The answer: Very fast!
Sounds a bit like a turbine, well mine did a few years back when we tried it.:headshake: Workplace Friday afternoon boredom eh!

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom