Airbag Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Cant check the video (dodgy internet) but sounds like whiplash are us!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

mattobrien

Guru
I can see that deployment might be an issue. Yes it worked being rear ended by a car at 20kph, but will it work is all circumstances where a helmet wearer might want it to. Would it be able to detect a loss of traction around a corner and having the bike slide out from beneath you?

Also I can't imaging that a self deploying airbag helmet is going to be particularly cheap.

THe only good thing I could see on this would be to decorate it with comedy hair cuts for random inflation

Biglad82

Think I'll stick with what have......... I feel a tit getting up now after an off imagine how ya'd feel getting up with that on lol! Still face planted after going over handlebars though........

Not clever, just copying Sheldon :thumbsup:

airbag-helmet.jpg

http://sheldonbrown.com/airbag-helmet.html

Interesting to play it in slow motion. The head never comes near to hitting anything in any of the simulated crashes so the airbag is superfluous.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Mine would deploy every time I looked up to study the rain clouds!

Sent from my FondleSlab using Tapatalk HD

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
what happens after it had deployed, when there is a crash in TDF its not uncommon to chase and catch the peloton. Your not going to do this with an uncompresssed king size duvet on your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom