Airnimal Joey - rear mudguard slipping down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveParry

Guru
I've just bought a used Airnimal Joey. The rear mudguard is slipping round the wheel. On inspection it's because there is no bolt through the bottom of the mudguard into the frame... Can anyone advise what size bolt I need? Looks like a 5mm bottle holder bolt might fit. Though maybe the head would protrude onto the tyre. Also on Airnimal's website I can find no manual/guide book/written instructions on folding and maintenance. Does anyone have a pdf? Thanks.

berlinonaut

Veteran
I have a Joey and no manual either. I bought it from the second owner, so it may have been lost in the process of ownership changes. Did however never miss it. There are videos about the folding process and it is intuitive anyway. Have you approached Airnimal themselves? They would be my first source to ask for a pdf.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I've just bought a used Airnimal Joey. The rear mudguard is slipping round the wheel. On inspection it's because there is no bolt through the bottom of the mudguard into the frame... Can anyone advise what size bolt I need? Looks like a 5mm bottle holder bolt might fit. Though maybe the head would protrude onto the tyre. Also on Airnimal's website I can find no manual/guide book/written instructions on folding and maintenance. Does anyone have a pdf? Thanks.

suggest you test a bottle holder bolt and find out... you will then at least clarify what thread it is (lots of things are M5 on bikes) and if its too long you'll then know what length to source. If the head is too big then you are looking for a M5 "screw driver top" bolt

Top Bottom