Airnimal Joey - rear rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveParry

Guru
Does anyone know if I could fit a standard rear rack of some kind instead of the branded one - it's £90!!! Or £60 for the "retro-fit" kit - whatever that means...

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Does anyone know if I could fit a standard rear rack of some kind instead of the branded one - it's £90!!! Or £60 for the "retro-fit" kit - whatever that means...

I had a Joey some years ago and fitted a rack temporarily to ride the northern bit of Lon Las Cymru on it. Unfortunately it was so long ago I can't remember what kind of rack it was- a Topeak or something common, probably the same one I switched to my (700c) commute bike afterwards. Will see if I can find a picture of it later.

A quick Google led me to a couple of images of Joeys fitted with Tubus racks.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
This isn't going to be as helpful as I hoped. I checked and I've no idea what rack was fitted to it. I certainly didn't use it on any other bikes because it doesn't look familiar at all- I must have sold it with the bike.

RIMG0001 21.JPG

abcd efg

Über Member

You might already have your answer, but my Joey (which was purchased directly from Circe) has a Joey Rack which is part of the Joey commiter kit. It includes a battery powered rear light. The rack is also a really secure mount for my Arkel panniers. As well, the rack makes an excellent 'stand' for the bike when it is upside down in the first fold position.

I should add that the people at Circe have been hugely supportive while I have been getting used to the bike.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20230823_143124.jpg
    20230823_143124.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom