Airport ride this afternoon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Was supposed to be riding to Kidderminster but I didn't get up till 11am so that was that. I went to Manchester Airport instead and watched the planes for a bit. It was my first 50 miler in SPD shoes, and also the first ride I've done on Maggie with a computer fitted. Turned out 50.4 miles in 3h 20m, so an average of 15.1mph, which I'm quite happy with :smile:

Here's a clutch of pics...

4.JPG 3.JPG 2.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

fudgepanda

I see you found the Altrincham Road fenceline. As you noticed there are some quite good views of the airfield but you have to climb the bank to get a good view over the fence. The new control tower you can see in the background is amazing in as much as for weeks there was nothing but a compound and a pile of rusty steel. I was off for a weekend and when I came back it looked like you can see it in your photo.

Boon 51

Veteran
Was supposed to be riding to Kidderminster but I didn't get up till 11am so that was that. I went to Manchester Airport instead and watched the planes for a bit. It was my first 50 miler in SPD shoes, and also the first ride I've done on Maggie with a computer fitted. Turned out 50.4 miles in 3h 20m, so an average of 15.1mph, which I'm quite happy with :smile:

Here's a clutch of pics...

View attachment 12708 View attachment 12709 View attachment 12710 View attachment 12711 View attachment 12712

Some nice pics... How did you get on with the SPD shoes..

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

Some nice pics... How did you get on with the SPD shoes..

Loving them! Door to door times not changed much really coz I lose time clipping back in, but the extra pedal power is massive, especially going uphill, and coming out of the saddle, and chasing down road cyclists! Just feel really well connected.

Top Bottom