Airsoft BB Guns???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Anyone know much about this stuff or a good website to visit to read up on it? My eldest wants to get one of these, some of his friends are members of a club and they go to skirmishes etc. I had air rifles and pistols as a kid but it all seems to have moved on since then. Prices seem to range from £5 to £1k plus, I have read up on Wiki so have an idea of what they are...I think. Basically an air gun that fires plastic spheres, they don't hit as hard as a paintball, bit of an airgun lite?

Some of you must have kids that are into this hobby, or maybe there's the odd 'real' weekend warrior lurking on here:biggrin:

MacB said:
Anyone know much about this stuff or a good website to visit to read up on it? My eldest wants to get one of these, some of his friends are members of a club and they go to skirmishes etc. I had air rifles and pistols as a kid but it all seems to have moved on since then. Prices seem to range from £5 to £1k plus, I have read up on Wiki so have an idea of what they are...I think. Basically an air gun that fires plastic spheres, they don't hit as hard as a paintball, bit of an airgun lite?

Some of you must have kids that are into this hobby, or maybe there's the odd 'real' weekend warrior lurking on here:biggrin:

Some of my colleagues play regularly and a few go occasioanlly. One of them has an impressive "arsenal" of airsoft guns. You can get the minimun kit needed to play or hire most/all of it on the day. There is the potential to spend a lot of money on it too, a bit like cycling. I've never been (too much time out of the weekend) but if they ever go to the disused shopping centre airsoft site for a dawn of the dead style airsoft day then I'm in!

ChrisKH

Guru
Paintball was responsible for my last knee surgery. Or that should be my gung ho attitude to paintball battle was responsible. Airsoft might be fun when my kids are a bit older. Hopefully they will do tank wheelchairs by then. ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
Many years ago, I was running round here one Christmas time and going up a dark country lane, a car coming up behind me slowed down. Assuming the passenger wanted directions, I lent in to the open window and was shot in my ear with one of those guns at point blank range!

I don't think the driver appreciated having a top rock off the dry stone wall putting in his rear window and when they got out, I lobbed a few more at the feral rats, jumped the wall and disappeared into the night. They never caught me but as I was forced into a long diversion to home, I later saw the same car but sans passengers, just the driver. He yelled at me what they were all going to do next time they caught me but winced at my response and sped off. Nothing's happened either way since then.

montage

God Almighty
Airsoft is gimpy.
Military wannabe's, claiming that they will one day be part of the SAS or Royal Marines...but never quite get round to it.

C

chillyuk

Having done the real thing I have no interest in children's toys.

Mark_Robson

My son has had an airsoft gun since he was ten. If hit by a pellet it will leave a welt but will not break the skin. But I wouldn't let a child use one without safety specs or supervision because a pellet would cause damage to an eyeball.
One thing that surprised me was how realistic they look. Unless you were close up to one you wouldn't be able to tell it from the real thing.

Chrisz

Über Member
montage said:
Airsoft is gimpy.
Military wannabe's, claiming that they will one day be part of the SAS or Royal Marines...but never quite get round to it.

Nah mate! These are serious hardcore dudes man!!!

th_UFAC-collage500.jpg

LMFAO

Top Bottom