Airzound horn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Has anyone found a suitable place to fit an Airzound to an ICE T trike? I don't really want to add another special bracket, but rather fit one to an existing spot. The handlebars seem to be out as it would restrict lock, and anywhere else seems to be unsuitable due to the larger tube diameter. (One of the reviews crticises the mount as it will fit only standard 7/8 inch bars).

All suggestions will be rewarded with a virtual sticky bun.

plantfit

Guru
Hi Gerry,

Mount the bottle under the seat tie wrapping the Velcro strap to the main cruciform, fit bottle to that, loosely run pipe/tubing along main frame and onto the left or right handlebar, lower the relevant brake lever and gripshift about 20mm and mount the horn on the end of the handlebar using the rubber shim that's supplied to take up any slack, leave enough pipe/tubing sticking out clear of the gripshift/brake lever so as not to foul up with the controls or your hand, I've had no problem with mine on my Ice Q 26, it's also easy to get to the valve when you need to refill

Roger

If you need any photo's of my setup send me a pm and I'll sort some out

byegad

Legendary Member
On my Kettwiesel it mounts on the vertical part of the bar. On my QNT it mounts on the mirror arm which is horizontal.

byegad

Legendary Member
It doesn't pivot so is at right angles to the tube it's mounted on. Not an issue as it can be positioned to sit under your thumb in either case.

trickletreat

Veteran
I have attached the trigger on the top of the right handle grip, with the bottle in the rack on the bottle bosses.

The button is easily pressed with my thumb.

IMG_5781-1.jpg

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I have attached the trigger on the top of the right handle grip, with the bottle in the rack on the bottle bosses.

The button is easily pressed with my thumb.

IMG_5781-1.jpg

Thanks for the pic.

Top Bottom