Alan bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

borderer

Hi, not sure if this is the right part of the forum , but I have just got an ALAN pro carbon bike
secondhand. obviously italian Manufacture and it has shimono flight deck? gears brakes
can anyone tell me any more about this bike.

boydj

Legendary Member
Try Google.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hi

If its from the 80's, 90's itll be a screwed and epoxy bonded frame, as are the Vitus from the sames years (mix of carbon and aluminum)

The frames are supposedly prone for coming apart, though I cant see how if they are screwed into place?

Ive been after one for years, seen one in Manchester recently though I declined from purchasing it for £500 as it needed so much work and money to get it like I wanted

Pics would be nice :smile:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
They occasionally come up on eBay and the like. Quite sought after but more of a collectors item than an everyday ride. They had carbon main tubes and Ali lugs. I have a Giant from the same period with the same construction, also with Ultegra group set.

Last edited:

Hyslop

Veteran
Oddly enough,I passed one of these today chained up in Carlisle.Having got loose and purchased items of a dubious nature in the LBS I was being manhandled past any bike in the vicinity so I am not a lot of use however it looked to be of "80s vintage or so,chrome scheme with rainbow decals and Campy I think.Struck me at the time to keep an eye out for it in future-so I shall.

Top Bottom