Alan - New Arrival.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Picked this up today. Amongst all the dross of bikes lined up for sale this really stood out.
I think it may be around 1985 due mainly to the Shimano 600 group set, unless someone knows better. Aluminium lugs with CF tubes. Small frame is really too small for me but I couldn’t leave it there. They’ve tried to force a steel seat tube in which is too big, luckily no damage done. Such a pretty bike.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
WOW that is lovely, they fetch quite a premium in the UK.
As with the other cycle stuff you buy are you going to tell us what bargain price you paid?

midlife

Guru
Nice, are you sure it's carbon. The blue was usually anodised aluminium. No lug cutouts so not a Super Record. Could be a bit earlier than 85.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd assumed the tubes were carbon but on closer inspection I think you are right @midlife , the tubes are aluminium.
I believe the date was often on the seat tube and at the top is ALAN 491 so I guess it's 1991.

midlife

Guru
I remember ALAN frames pitching up at the very end of the 70's at various bike shows so maybe the 1 is 1981? I have a very early one very much like yours but without the integral cable guides

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The groupset is 600 tricolour which I believe was also known as 600 Ultegra which dates to late eighties so '91 ties in with that. It's six speed. Cinelli bars.
The brake hoods are identical to my 1990 Schwinn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom