Alberto Contador

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Not surprised. I expected it as he is past his best now. He will only be a participant in the Vuelta. He has no chance of winning it

Globalti

Legendary Member
Never liked the bloke, I met too many cocky young Spaniards of his ilk when I was an English teacher in Seville. His performances were often described as "incredible" and now that he's riding clean they aren't any more. No loss to cycling.

He probably should have stuck to his original retirement date. I was surprised by his talk of staying on for another year, he never struck me as someone who'd settle for just being in the top ten.

I will always be sceptical of his performances but his distinct style and his racing acumen and attacking style will be missed. I still recall his long range attack in the Vuelta when Rodriguez looked to have it sewn up.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He probably should have stuck to his original retirement date. I was surprised by his talk of staying on for another year, he never struck me as someone who'd settle for just being in the top ten.

I will always be sceptical of his performances but his distinct style and his racing acumen and attacking style will be missed. I still recall his long range attack in the Vuelta when Rodriguez looked to have it sewn up.
Were you particularly sceptical of that performance though? I was, FWIW.

as for the rest...I don't have a clue
We know or are you just talking about cycling?

Top Bottom