Albion Cycle Melksham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought I would post some pictures of a cycle I was given some time ago. It was either I took it or it was going to be binned. My friend who gave it to me said that it was a bit hard going, mind you it did have steel rims, panniers and a huge saddle at the time.
The frame is 23 inch steel and weighs 1lb heavier than any of my other steel framed cycles, BSA, Falcon.
Hidden stamped into the forks is AKISU, so I am assuming that this is a foreign frame that was bought in and assembled in Melksham, probably in the late 70's early 80's. As I said it came to me with a mish mash of parts chrome straight handle bars, steel double clanger a bit like a TA Stronglight, GB Sprite side pull brakes, and Huret rear derailleur.
It is awaiting me to get round to popping some bits on it to try it out.
IMGP8502.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP8493.JPG
    IMGP8493.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMGP8494.JPG
    IMGP8494.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 54
  • IMGP8498.JPG
    IMGP8498.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: mjr

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
That's well nice.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Being an old fart, I like lots of old stuff. Cars, motorbikes, boats, even old tools and the like.
I'm struggling to understand what's desirable when it comes to old bicycles. I don't know what's worth having and what's not.
I'm an engineer so I totally understand that it's desirable to have the frame made from decent material.

To take the OP's example - what's 'nice' about it?

Top Bottom