Album of the Year 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Mine has to be Prince - PlectrumElectrum.

Not a huge Prince fan but this blew me away. Absolutely brilliant!!!

Done in conjunction with someone called 3rdeye girl.

drummerbod

London Grammar - If You Wait

Beautiful voice, great songs, well produced and mastered and some amazing sub moments.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's a tougie.
There have been so many great album releases this year.
Slipknot's comeback album The Grey Chapter, Judas Priests Redeemer Of Souls, Machine Head Bloodstone and Diamonds, Mastodon Once More Round The Sun,
But I will go with Triptykon's Melana Chasmata.

The godfather of death metal Tom Warrior comes up trumps once again.

Melana_Chasmata.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
I like the Fun album but im always a yr or two behind ...although the cd that was released with the Northern Soul film would be my winner I guess being a old souler..

andyfraser

Über Member
It's been a very good year for music with way too many good albums to pick just one. My highlights of 2014 are the new albums by: Pink Floyd, Eyehategod, Mastodon, Cannibal Corpse, Overkill, Judas Priest, Coffinworm, Exodus, AC/DC and Obituary. I bet I've missed one or two.

Edit: I did miss one: Accept!

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I've zoned out of the maintstream over the last year or two...last album I can remember buying was El Camino by The Black Keys...this year I have been mostly listening to Classic FM and I like that Claud Debussy fella...think he might go places...sooo, I'll do a Rockymountain and nominate an old fave instead:

61cGiOU7JsL.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
It's been a very good year for music with way too many good albums to pick just one. My highlights of 2014 are the new albums by: Pink Floyd, Eyehategod, Mastodon, Cannibal Corpse, Overkill, Judas Priest, Coffinworm, Exodus, AC/DC and Obituary. I bet I've missed one or two.

Edit: I did miss one: Accept!

Vader!

And Deathstars, who have always been a bit of a guilty pleasure.

andyfraser

Über Member
24 Karat Gold - Stevie Nicks, only because her performance of Rhiannon from 1976 is a flashback stored in my head from an era when punk was rearing its ugly head and fast becoming the " music" for people with no musical taste but a strong sense of wanting to belong to something.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtPyk8_onO8

I quite like some 70s punk, including the Sex Pistols. I also like some of the prog rock that punk was supposed to rebelling against so what do I know. :smile:

Venod

Eh up
I quite like some 70s punk, including the Sex Pistols. I also like some of the prog rock that punk was supposed to rebelling against so what do I know. :smile:

Yes me too, The Clash spring to mind, I liked the rebellion aspect and the energy of the punk movement and how it got people playing but there was a lot of crap about.

Top Bottom