Album you haven't listened to for ages and ages...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ELO - On The Third Day

Got it as part of a boxed set from a mate 30 years ago. Hadn't listened to it for ages as the record deck had been out of commission (and in the loft) waiting on a new stylus.

Quite 'raw' and heavy (for them) compared to a lot of what came later, but a classic 'listen'.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
diamond dogs by david bowie

Its not a full album but 'Like Humans Do' by David Byrne (from the Album, Look into the Eyeball) came free on XP and I never really got into it (I was probably negatively biased as it was MS). It came on the other day and I got into this time; I want the full album now.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ELO - On The Third Day

Got it as part of a boxed set from a mate 30 years ago. Hadn't listened to it for ages as the record deck had been out of commission (and in the loft) waiting on a new stylus.

Quite 'raw' and heavy (for them) compared to a lot of what came later, but a classic 'listen'.

A great 'Rock' album before the band went pop with Eldorado onwards.
And on that album, featured Cellist Mike Edwards who was recently killed by a hay bale rolling down a hill and crushing the car he was driving.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
High Time by MC5

Brilliant Vernon. And just to name/pic drop.
Here's a gratuitous pic of me and Brother Wayne Kramer from a few years back.

5212643856_63626c934a.jpg

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Siamese Dream - The Smashing Pumpkins

Especially this version of Disarm. I was only 12 when that played on The Word, and didn't get into the pumpkins til a year or so later, but that track is awesome, especially Chamberlain's drumming.

Top Bottom