Albums with the Tracks in the Wrong Order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'm no expert but I think an LP (that's an old fashioned small CD, which is now an MP3 which is something that doesn't actuall exist) should start with the best track as 'track 1 - side 1'. Just listening to Leon Russell's eponymous long player from 1970 (don't ask me what its called) and it starts with A Song for You which is a fantastic song but it ought to kick off with Delta Lady. That's what I rec. Please feel free to mention any others or just take the píss.

A Song for You

Delta Lady

See...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No one cares Mcginty...is that taking the p!ss enough for you?

andyfraser

Über Member
I think an album should start with a good song that's representative of the album as a whole The track order should tell a story even if that story is just here I am and this is what I do.

The best song should be closer to the end. You want to hook the listener but not have them get bored later on because the best songs have already been played.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
The best song is invariably track 3 of any album. Have a look through your collection and you'll see it works in more cases than it should. My current MP3 player now has the third track from every album I own copied on to it, rather than specific albums.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The best song is invariably track 3 of any album. Have a look through your collection and you'll see it works in more cases than it should. My current MP3 player now has the third track from every album I own copied on to it, rather than specific albums.

Unless the band is AC/DC when the first track is ALWAYS the best on the album.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I'm not saying there aren't exceptions, anyway of course it's always the first track with AC/DC, everyone knows their albums are all the same so if it was track 1 the first time they did it... :-)

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I think an album should start with a good song that's representative of the album as a whole The track order should tell a story even if that story is just here I am and this is what I do.

The best song should be closer to the end. You want to hook the listener but not have them get bored later on because the best songs have already been played.

MP3 + playlist. Sorted.

Absolutely right. When a remastered version of the Masters of Reality debut album (sometimes called The Blue Garden) was released, they rejigged the order of the tracks so it didn't start with "Theme For The Scientist Of The Invisible" and didn't end with "Kill The King".

It just didn't work for me, as I was so used to the original track order. I did my own MP3 playlist instead like Piemaster.

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I think the thing with the Leon LP stands, Delta Lady would be a killer first track, A Song for You is superb but it's too slow for an opener.

These alternative theories are all noble efforts but wrong, third tracks being best and openers being indicative of an album is hogwash.

And Crax can just nob off.

Top Bottom