Alcohol and weight loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's so true - whenever I get home from a 2 week trip to Africa I feel podgy around the waist thanks to zero exercise and eating rubbish hotel food and drinking lots of excellent beer. After my November trip I couldn't shake off the weight; I was drinking a few bottles of beer a week and not cycling much. Now the weather has improved, I've been out for two good hard rides and stopped drinking beer and suddenly I feel much better. Beer is really lethal stuff for gaining weight.

Garz

Squat Member
The weather has improved in lancashire? Well maybe last weekend was o.k. but apart from that its been terrible for cycling!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Garz said:
The weather has improved in lancashire? Well maybe last weekend was o.k. but apart from that its been terrible for cycling!
Taken on last Friday's ride with RR:

oxenhope-winter-sunshine-wide.jpg

trawden-fields-winter-sunshine-wide.jpg

snaking-dry-stone-wall-trawden-wide.jpg

The weather was really nice most of the day, except on a few murky hilltops about 1,200 ft up. We did half the ride in West Yorkshire and half in Lancashire.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Garz said:
Do you not work fridays Big C? :biggrin:
To me these days, every day is like a Friday, but every day is also like a Saturday! (I'm trying to earn a living online so any day can be a 'work' day but any day can also be a 'day off'! (After this visit to the forum, I'll be spending another couple of hours online researching my 'niches'.)

How did we get there from the question of 'Alcohol and Weight'? :ohmy:

Top Bottom