Alcohol withdrawal...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

contadino

Veteran
Could someone point me to some reliable information on the above? Googling would have me believe that anything can be attributed to stopping drinking.

So, for instance, I am not sleeping, but that could be due either to being sober or my tinnitus (which has got much worse since I last tried sleeping sober - about 12 years ago.)

Many thanks.

OP
OP
contadino

contadino

Veteran
I live in Italy. When I mentioned my alcohol intake to him about a year ago he laughed and congratulated me, so I'm not sure it's worthwhile.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Changes to your sleep patterns particularly in the first week are a symptom of quitting alcohol. Try googling bright eye alcohol help forums, they are very friendly and helpful people there.

I do echo seeing a gp too though. There can be some quite nasty side effects to going cold turkey if you were drinking very heavily beforehand

OP
OP
contadino

contadino

Veteran
Just stopped. It hasn't been hard so far, but I'm noticing a few little things that may or may not be connected. Just after some reliable information at this stage.

I'm pretty fit otherwise. I regularly cycle 80km rides.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I've been a recovering alcoholic for over 26 years. Sleeping is difficult when you first give. I had a host of symptoms. PM me if you want.

Top Bottom