Aldi 27th September..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Thanks for the heads-up; I'm always dubious of cheap stuff but the Aldi items seem at least to manage to not be terrible, and I'm utterly bereft of any winter cycling gear so I'll probably pop down for a shufti at least :smile:

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I still have a winter jacket with zip-off sleeves which is useful in the autumn/spring. My kids have old Aldi front lights which are going strong, and the winter gloves are still good too. Got a summer jersey I still like very much.

Gotta be selective, but GT85 for £1.99 ain't bad.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I still have a winter jacket with zip-off sleeves which is useful in the autumn/spring. My kids have old Aldi front lights which are going strong, and the winter gloves are still good too. Got a summer jersey I still like very much.

Gotta be selective, but GT85 for £1.99 ain't bad.
I got one of those jackets in medium but never wore it as its too big , there mediums are more like a uk large.

si_c

Guru
Nice, time to stock up on a couple of bits - need some Muc Off cleaning stuff. Shame they aren't doing the rear light separately this year I've got one on it's way out - doesn't hold charge more than a couple of days - and was hoping to replace it.

C R

Guru
I got one of those jackets in medium but never wore it as its too big , there mediums are more like a uk large.
I have one of their short sleeve M jerseys, and it is larger than I would like, but just about wearable. The muc off stuff looks interesting, though.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Nice, time to stock up on a couple of bits - need some Muc Off cleaning stuff. Shame they aren't doing the rear light separately this year I've got one on it's way out - doesn't hold charge more than a couple of days - and was hoping to replace it.
Buy the set & flog the front one on here, or keep as a spare?

Adam4868

Guru
To be fair I think the rear was nearly as expensive as this set when I bought mine.Still going...just about ! Must be 4/5 years old.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Has anyone ever tried the waterproof jackets? Of course, it seems that all the female stuff is in pink :sad:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I extensively used/abused one of if their softshell jackets (zip off sleeves) through a few years of commuting and would buy another without a moment of hesitation.

Anyone know if the front light has a shaped beam to avoid dazzle? I have 2 of the fab Lidl ones but they inevitably end up on the kids' bikes.

Slioch

Guru
Their merino baselayers are normally worth a punt, and the winter gloves are generally ok too, although they've been branded as being "waterproof" in previous years.

Mike_P

Guru
Bought one pair of their mitts in the last cycling offers and one finger part has come unstitched, far older ones from them are still in one piece.

DRM

Guru
The £14.99 light set is great, I bought one last time round, both are quite powerful, the rear one stays on all year round for use in badly shaded areas in summer where there is a chance of a smidsy

Top Bottom