Aldi becomes Britain’s fourth-largest supermarket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just been to aldi and it's mental in there... the shelves have been decimated, the queue for self service is halfway down the shop, all other tills open, only one person on the shop floor, trying frantically to clear all the empty cases and replenish the off sales. It's chaos (more than the average sunday chaos)... all because we're shut tomorrow :wacko:

Mike_P

Guru
As one item I wanted from Aldi was out of stock decided on an ebike ride to Lidl; four of the seven tills open and no long queues.
The middle isle came up trumps as my short sharp kitchen knife has hidden itself somewhere so a pack of three purchased for the grand sum of £1.99

I went to Tesco today on account that I knew there would be a lot of stuff on yellow sticker. Shop looked like a bomb had hit it, the shelves for bread, milk and most fruit & veg were nearly empty, lots of packaging everywhere. My mate who works in the fruit & veg section said he'd barely stopped since 9 am, and that it had been manic.

Lots of bargains to be had, so I'm not complaining, but it was nuts in there today compared to a usual Sunday arvo.

All because they're shut tomorrow and people are panicking. :wacko:

Oh yeah, and I did buy a half kilo box of cornflour as I was running. I use it to thicken sauces.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Have seen self service tills in a Lidl in Leeds.Just been to Aldi, six of the seven tills open and usual long queues for four of them but the other two had far shorter queues. Potentially could be done by Trading Standards as a number of the middle of isle items had no visible price indication.
I suspect there aren't enough trading standards officers in a borough any more to deal with all the infractions in one branch!

Top Bottom