Aldi Christmas puds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I'm sure I've read good reviews of Aldi Christmas puddings in the past. I drove past an advert for Aldi with a rather lovely looking pudding with orange slices.

Normally I only go to Aldi when they have bike stuff on special offer, so I'd have to make a special trip.

So are Aldi puds nice and do they do them in single person sizes - I love Christmas pudding but I couldn't eat a family size one. Should I make a special trip?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I'm sure I've read good reviews of Aldi Christmas puddings in the past. I drove past an advert for Aldi with a rather lovely looking pudding with orange slices.

Normally I only go to Aldi when they have bike stuff on special offer, so I'd have to make a special trip.

So are Aldi puds nice and do they do them in single person sizes - I love Christmas pudding but I couldn't eat a family size one. Should I make a special trip?

They do indeed do the smaller versions, but they seem to disappear quicker than the large ones.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Talking of mince pies - the award winning Iceland ones are very nice

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thanks everyone - sounds like it's worth a trip :smile:

I think I may also need to try the Iceland mince pies...
It’s always worth a good look round Aldi. We split our shopping between there and the magnificent Booths. I’m always astonished at how cheap our basket of basics from Aldi is.

Great treats are Aldi plain chocolate with almonds bar at 79p - to die for, and I probably will!!! The Rother chocolate is very, very good for £1.29. The luxury yogurt, 42p worth of heaven in a pot!! The mousse is excellent as well.

I know this reads like an advert for Aldi but they stock lots of great food people miss. Jars of antipasti at 79p as another example. Have a browse while you’re there.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Me too, I get the basics at Aldi and everything else at Sainsburys. It saves me several hundred pounds a year.
Oh, and I've still got a half-price Christmas pudding that I bought in January. The Best Before date is May 2018 so we'll be having it this year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom