Aldi cycling shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You know the ones ..
Product_detail_Wk39T20.jpg

After buying a pair in the last sale to replace a pair that broke in the last offer.
Both pairs of shoes split on the sole just behind the cleat after 5-6 months of use , i do ride 100-150 a week and some of it at full pace .
If you are riding for pleasure/leisure these shoes are plenty stiff enough but if you intend to give it the beans and ride a lot i suggest you invest in a pair of shoes of better quality that will take the forces generated around the cleat plate as this seems to be a weak spot in the construction .
I have a second hand pair of lake shoes off ebay that are stronger and have lasted longer and i would rather go second hand than buy the aldi shoes again.

HovR

Über Member
I have the silver version of these shoes. Mine are still functioning fine, however the glue holding the rubber tread to the stiff plastic sole around the cleat area has failed. This doesn't cause any real issues with the shoe as the rubber tread is secured to the shoe through it's construction, however I suspect if I stood in a deep puddle (which I tend not to do) the shoe may leak from the bottom. This would probably be quite easy to fix with a strong adhesive, but I just haven't got around to it yet.

I only ride 50 miles a week in these shoes, as all my other riding is done on a bike with flat pedals. I'm happy with the shoes for the amount I paid, and I suspect with the millage I do in them they should last another 6 or so months. When they do fail I'll buy a pair of DHB shoes from Wiggle, double the price but better quality.

Top Bottom