aldi cycling stuff on sale next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
well I bought 4 pairs of shorts, a gillet and 3 pairs of socks, gillet is going back, zips broken and IMO they aint as good as my previous purchases. Now the shorts, is it just me or is the chamois pad in the wrong position :biggrin: These shorts show of the twins play pen a bit much :biggrin: Think I might wear them with another pair underneath as they are thin anyway. You pays your money I suppose but the quality doesn`t seem quite as good as they were before ?

killiekosmos

Veteran
Sad to say my gillet is going back - zip broke first time on. Local store had much less stock this year and it seems poorer quality than previous sales. But it is cheap.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
yep gillets are poor quality imo as well.

dodgy

I bought 2 of the gillets, haven't seen previous year versions. For the money they are very good, nice touches like mesh back and stash pocket.

The bib shorts are a strange fit, they're all lumpy at the hem (and no, it's not the shape of my legs :evil: ).

Think I'll flog 'em on ebay as it's less hassle than taking them back.

Dave.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
dodgy said:
I bought 2 of the gillets, haven't seen previous year versions. For the money they are very good, nice touches like mesh back and stash pocket.

The bib shorts are a strange fit, they're all lumpy at the hem (and no, it's not the shape of my legs :wacko: ).

Think I'll flog 'em on ebay as it's less hassle than taking them back.

Dave.

Yeap, the bid shorts have the padding too far to the rear end :lol but when riding they feel great - I bought 3 of them and I'm not returning them, actually, I think they feel better than my other shorts.

Rick

nilling

Über Member
I bought two pairs of the bib shorts and the insert does seems to have been sewn in wrong - there is way too much up the back and nothing covers the boys up front! In fact from the rear it looks like I've done a big job! :rolleyes:

Saying that the socks are great :rolleyes:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
nilling said:
I bought two pairs of the bib shorts and the insert does seems to have been sewn in wrong - there is way too much up the back and nothing covers the boys up front! In fact from the rear it looks like I've done a big job! :rolleyes:

They're great on the bike though... I kept one pair of the two I bought (I'll use them on the commute, so the somewhat revealing frontage won't be a problem (they're under baggies)).

Top Bottom