Aldi Malt Whisky.....they seem to have stopped selling it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
They had their own brand Glen Marnoch malt whisky.
3 'styles'.....2 Speyside with a nice sweetish after taste and a peaty one (not to my taste).
None on the shelf today and google tells me its no longer in stock.
Shame as at 17 quid it was a nice single malt.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
still in stock in 'my' aldi... but only one of the 3 styles has been coming in recently

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It does not appear in their website offerings, as far as I can see: https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/Whisky
I've been regularly putting a box out on the shelves over the last couple of weeks... but could be a case of a few 'select' stores are getting the last of it?

EDIT... we normally mark the price cards when a product is due to be cancelled, not noticed one on the Glen Marnoch, but will double check when i pop in later

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
They had their own brand Glen Marnoch malt whisky.
3 'styles'.....2 Speyside with a nice sweetish after taste and a peaty one (not to my taste).
None on the shelf today and google tells me its no longer in stock.
Shame as at 17 quid it was a nice single malt.
I bought one of the peaty Islay ones last week in London. They had the other 2 as well. It was a fairly big S London store.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Maybe time to switch to Lidl? They have Speyside, Highland and Islay malts at £16.45 (I think), but no longer have their very pleasant Abrachan brand, apparently.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Maybe time to switch to Lidl? They have Speyside, Highland and Islay malts at £16.45 (I think), but no longer have their very pleasant Abrachan brand, apparently.
My thoughts exactly: I prefer their Islay single malt.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
There's no such place or original whiskey apparently. From Scotchwhisky.com:

Look for Glen Marnoch on a map and you will search in vain. There is no distillery of that name, nor an actual glen. If it existed it would stretch all the way from Speyside to Islay via the Highlands – these being the three non-age statement expressions that have appeared in the Aldi-owned brand’s range.

As well as the three standard ‘limited edition’ single malts, Glen Marnoch has also been bottled as a 12- and 18-year-old Highland, and an 18-, 24- and 28-year-old Speyside.

So another malt rebranded? Maybe the agreement finished and they're looking for a new supplier?

Top Bottom