Aldi offers from 24th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Garmins all 9 gone by 8.03 am. Otherwise usual crazy range of sizes available or offered. Very few items offered in men's small size - would have bought the winter tights but not with the cheap looking reflective stripes most of the way down the legs. Was interested in the shoes, but started at size 8 (????) and anyway only 2 pairs of the blue ones in 8 (I wear 7.5, and they were like boats) I wanted grey - no 8s, but lots of 10s and 11s. Friend couldn't understand why the Pro jerseys were worth £20 more than the £9.99 ones. So came away with just a pair of Merino long johns - the medium fit ok but again small would have been appreciated - can wear them under shorts at this time of year. After the initial Garmin rush there weren't all that many people, I think they will have a lot of stock hanging around.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I went to the Aldi store in Cardonald first thing and was disappointed. They had no Garmin 500s left and I heard staff discussing the fact that they'd only got two in when other stores had received four. Even four is a joke but two?! I'd have been better off buying a lottery ticket.

They had plenty of everything else so I picked up another merino top and long johns, along with a pair of the black legwarmers.

If anyone is still after a workstand, they had three in stock reduced to £15.99 (from £25).

GC

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I may get some of the bib longs later on if the price comes down. Taking a chance on size availability but I don't think paying £30 for them is worthwhile. After a few weeks the prices are often halved. Sorry I did not check Garmin availability in my local store.

Mike_P

Guru
1hr50min car journey to work instead of 15mins to visit Aldi at Meanwood Leeds - queue formed at the door for the 8am opening and everyone rushed to the cycle clothing, no one other than me seemed to want a Garmin so one less at that store as well.

broady

Veteran
I picked up a Garmin (They had 9 in total) and only 2 were sold before 9am. Also got another storage rack and a usb rear light.

richyx

1hr50min car journey to work instead of 15mins to visit Aldi at Meanwood Leeds - queue formed at the door for the 8am opening and everyone rushed to the cycle clothing, no one other than me seemed to want a Garmin so one less at that store as well.[/QUOTE

-------- You must be right out in the
sticks (45 minutes from an Aldi). Around here theres an Aldi every 6 miles or so Noth, South, East and West.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Just picked up a pair of performance winter bib tights reduced to £19.99. More like the right price... Not much else was reduced.

To get them home I had to wear them. They are extremely warm, I'll be keeping them for 5 degree rides or colder !

Last edited:
Top Bottom