Aldi Rear Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've seen many taking theirs back to Aldi.

I'm concerned about this, as I also bought one, and am yet to use it.
So wondering if it's worth the hassle too.

broady

Veteran
I think they are great and I've not even updated mine yet, so still has some bugs with it.
Well worth the £40 I paid

Randonneur

I found that the camera was shutting off on a ride and I took this to be that it didn't loop record.
I was wrong, after applying the firmware update the camera stays on for 6 hours - I tested.
Also the loop recording works but with the 16Gb card I have it was about 2 hours worth.
So a 32Gb card would be about 4 hours.
A few people in my cycling club have them so I'm sure in the event of an incident there would be some evidence.

This camera is really good for capturing close passes because it gets a good view of the number plate and the actions of the car overtaking- how much room, how much does the car go to the other side etc.

When I submitted video to the Police Snap Operation I needed to firstly convert the files to MP4 to make them small enough for the police website.

Aldi were selling these for £20 and I was looking for one anyway as I'm very nervous about close passes and I am keen to be able to report them. Its a great unit as it really doesn't take much room on the bike and fixes to the seat post or to the back of a bag if you have one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom