Aldi REKA Action Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mybike

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I brought one earlier this week for £4.99 at our local Aldi. I used it for the first time yesterday evening and I think is great, but I never had a action camera before. One thing though as I didn't like the camera on top of the handlebar I decided to mounted below the handlebar which means the camera is upside down now. Once home plug into the laptop watch a few clip but everything is upside down. Does anyone knows of any setting on this to rotate the video?. I think I did see a member posted a video on here with the date and time upside down but the video right way up.

If you are using Windows and already have (it's no longer available) Windows Movie Maker that will do it. If you're using Windows 10 I believe the Photos App can edit videos, try that.

OP
OP
mybike

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Off topic, but would this be suitable for filming wildlife - say birds at a feeder ?

I can't see why not, but bear in mind it has a wide angle lens so would need to be close.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I can't see why not, but bear in mind it has a wide angle lens so would need to be close.

I did that once, fastening my little black Muvi camera inside one of the uprights on the bird table. There's no way to control it remotely so it was a case of picking a likely time they'd come to feed and switching it on. Footage was quite good until the little buggers pecked the fark out of the lens as they attacked their own reflection.

autolycus

Über Member
I brought one earlier this week for £4.99 at our local Aldi. I used it for the first time yesterday evening and I think is great, but I never had a action camera before. One thing though as I didn't like the camera on top of the handlebar I decided to mounted below the handlebar which means the camera is upside down now. Once home plug into the laptop watch a few clip but everything is upside down. Does anyone knows of any setting on this to rotate the video?. I think I did see a member posted a video on here with the date and time upside down but the video right way up.

Can't you just turn the casing the other way up? It has a brass screw fixing top and bottom so if you 'swap ends' that will work, won't it? If you can't get to the stop/start button in situ you might have to do that before/after cliping the camera into the case. Failing that you could do a quick reencoding using avidemux or some similar (free) app.

Top Bottom