Aldi`s latest bike offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
Just back from having a look and was somewhat disaapointed - the only real bargain seemed to be the Muc Off Bike Spray. The Muc Off cleaner was £4 for 500mls but you can get a litre at Halfords just now for £5.60.

I tried on the mountain bike jacket but it was very flimsy indeed, certainly not worth £25, it was about as good as the £3 one I got last year.

Didnt see any Garmins but they were probably locked away. The bloke in front of me bought a stand and the girl on the tills told him to keep the receipt in case in doesnt work - inspires confidence, eh!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Well yes the last.comment inspires confidence in the customer service ethic of the girl on the till, fair play to her for looking out for the customers interest on the off chance there is a problem.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Don't Aldi staff always say that? They do to me when I'm buying cycling clothing.

I've always found the staff in there to be really polite & friendly. Much more so than in other shops.

potsy

Rambler
Didn't bother this time, nothing there that I was interested in really.

Have to agree with Anne about the staff though, always polite and friendly and usually mention the receipt/guarantee on anything other than normal food shopping.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hubster is just back from Aldi (at the end of our road) with new cycling shoes and a pink & blue buff for me.

He can't put the cleats in as his old shoes have worn funny and the screwtops are worn. New cleats today then. The puppy has eaten part of his old MTB shoes, but they are about 3 years old and were £20 so he's not complaining.

Renmurew

Veteran
It's my birthday today :birthday:and I've just had a trip to Aldi and picked up a Garmin. 3 others in the queue also buying them so seemed quite popular.

AlanTh

I bought a stand this morning. I wasn't expecting much for £25, but was very pleased with the quality.

Aldi in Yarm didn't appear to be taking part. The specials section was full to the brim with gardening kit.

Most of the cycling stuff was the usual stuff they sell all year round unless I was too late!

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I got there at 10.10 and they had already sold out of Garmins, apart from me sprinting down the isle to grab the last one. No more relying on my phones useless battery life to record my rides

midlife

Guru
Hi Cush, did you see any repair stands down at the London road branch. ? I guess you caught the snow storm :smile:

Shaun

GJT

Über Member
Just back from having a look and was somewhat disaapointed - the only real bargain seemed to be the Muc Off Bike Spray. The Muc Off cleaner was £4 for 500mls but you can get a litre at Halfords just now for £5.60.

Even better is to buy the 5 litre from Halfords for £21.99 less 20%, which equates to £1.76 for 500ml

Top Bottom