Aldi`s latest bike offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
I also picked up a repair stand and am also very pleased with it. It feels sturdy enough. For the amount of times I need one paying more than £25 seems a bit much.
2015-04-12 16.23.43.jpg
2015-04-12 16.28.36.jpg

Gatters

I got a garmin, all the stores only had 4 of them

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
I also picked up a repair stand and am also very pleased with it. It feels sturdy enough. For the amount of times I need one paying more than £25 seems a bit much.
View attachment 85446 View attachment 85447

That does look rather good - they seemed to have plenty of them in my branch so my nip down tomorrow to see if any are left. Won`t be too bothered if there isnt tho, I`ll continue to use the garden furniture as a makeshift stand when I tinker on the bike lol

G3CWI

Veteran
That does look rather good - they seemed to have plenty of them in my branch so my nip down tomorrow to see if any are left. Won`t be too bothered if there isnt tho, I`ll continue to use the garden furniture as a makeshift stand when I tinker on the bike lol

I have one, Well worth the money and it makes working on my bikes so much easier. The only thing I would add is that it is a bit marginal on heavy bikes at full horizontal extension.

I bought the same stand from Aldi last year. Good and solid with my 2001 Scott on it.
A bit gutted with the price of the Garmin as I bought mine for £12 more last week!

The Crane trousers look ok but I'll pass because I was too long-legged for the last pair.

If the socks are the same as the ones I got 6 months ago the 9-11 is a great fit for size 9 feet, very comfortable.

Last edited:

andyfraser

Über Member
They had loads at my local Aldi. The pallet was stacked so high I struggled a bit to get one down.
I have one, Well worth the money and it makes working on my bikes so much easier. The only thing I would add is that it is a bit marginal on heavy bikes at full horizontal extension.
I'd been putting off getting a stand, mainly because they seem so expensive, so I've muddled by without one. I popped the Felt on this afternoon and everything was right there to be worked on! Re-indexing is and adjusting the gears is going to be much easier now.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Just built it up.... Oh that is chunky!!

I am not sure how long that handle bar stabilising bar will last with those rubber stays, but, we'll see!

No Garmins Ias far as I could see inthe Ely store but there was plenty of work stands.

Only things bought were some brioche rolls,rapeseed oil and peanut butter^_^

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
More than 50 stands for sale in Bradley Stoke Aldi and a good stock of Garmin 200s as well.

I got some gloves for £6.99 as my old long-fingered non-winter gloves are wearing out. They seem to be reasonable quality and well-featured.

I also got a tin of spray on furniture polish for 69p with which I intend polishing the frame of my bike :smile:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I bought the shoes, socks, a buff and the jacket. Pleased with everything so far except the jacket: it's short in the body and long in the arms and is most certainly not breathable. I have yet to try it in the rain but this morning's cool run (5.5deg C) into work showed it to be a boil-in-the-bag job. Disappointing.

GC

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
I bought the shoes, socks, a buff and the jacket. Pleased with everything so far except the jacket: it's short in the body and long in the arms and is most certainly not breathable. I have yet to try it in the rain but this morning's cool run (5.5deg C) into work showed it to be a boil-in-the-bag job. Disappointing.

GC

I tried the jacket on in the shop and instantly put it back again lol

Top Bottom