Alex ALX298R A-Class Anyone help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angus

Hi anyone who can help,

I have a Felt carbon road bike which came with Alex ALX298R A-Class wheel set. Since owning it I have had an issue with the rear wheel. My retailer has been unable to get a replacement parts, so they are offering a Mavic Replacement. I need to understand the worth of the wheels I have (Alex ALX298R A-Class ) against what I am being offered as a replacement. Does anyone have any info on this subject as I have struggled to find anything on the net.

Please Help

Angus

mondobongo

Über Member
Mods any chance of getting this moved to Know How cheers.

Not familiar with Alex wheels but Giant spec a lot of their bikes from entry to mid range with Alex rims laced to Formula hubs. They are not particularly good wheels and I have had problems in the past with a freehub wearing quickly spokes snapping. There is a bloke selling a pair of A Class wheels on ebay looking for a $100 on buy it now auction started at $15 not same model as yours but gives you an idea.

Mavic is a better make and personally I would take the option offered by the shop with the proviso that I would want both wheels exchanging so they match. You have paid your money for a decent bike you dont want it to look mismatched.

Top Bottom