Ali Express Experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srshultz

I purchased several items from Ali Express over the last few months and overall I am generally satisfied with the quality of the products for the price. Good value overall.
In December, I bought an 11-28 cassette and on initial inspection it looked fine, a little heavier than I expected but fine.
I decided to install it today and got an unpleasant surprise. The first three sprockets were 11t,13t and 13t. Squint carefully at the photo. 12t was missing.
Contacted Ali Express and they said they would contact the vendor. We will see how it goes.

Attachments

• IMG_0340.jpeg
    IMG_0340.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 105

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can happen (assembly issue).

Looks like a return that cassette, note the shark tooth on the small cog between 12pm and 1pm, never seen a cog like that.

Alex321

Veteran
Although it's stamped 13T, the one nearest does appear to be smaller than the one behind, or maybe just the camera playing tricks.
Have you actually counted the teeth ?

They are obviously not the same number of teeth, as the teeth would line up with each other if they were, and they don't. The nearer one has fewer teeth, so each tooth is a bit further clockwise compared to the tooth on the further one.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Good luck with that one...
I'd just stick it on and run it and not get another from that vendor again
Ali E and buying stuff from China off Ebay is very hit and miss.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sorry, but you've been sold a dud - whether intentionally or otherwise.

I'd put a claim in and if it fails, which I expect it to, leave poor feedback and move on. It's part of the risk of buying via AliExpress and their ilk.

OP
OP
srshultz

srshultz

Sorry, but you've been sold a dud - whether intentionally or otherwise.

I'd put a claim in and if it fails, which I expect it to, leave poor feedback and move on. It's part of the risk of buying via AliExpress and their ilk.

That’s my plan.

Top Bottom