Aliens.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The day the earth stood still. He came with a warning.
That Keanu Reeves will make a st1t version 50 years in the future?

An Indian 'K-Pax' kind of:

47495-PK%20(Original%20Motion%20Picture%20Soundtrack).jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
Looking at the subject from another angle...what would aliens think of us if they came visiting.
We kill everything, abuse our resources, enslave then kill fellow planet dwellers for food, kill each other, occasionally en masse. Doesn't look good does it ? :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Looking at the subject from another angle...what would aliens think of us if they came visiting.
We kill everything, abuse our resources, enslave then kill fellow planet dwellers for food, kill each other, occasionally en masse. Doesn't look good does it ? :laugh:
They may be looking at doing the same. Remember V?

Reactions: gbb

postman

Legendary Member
what would aliens think of us if they came visiting.

Some of these humans are so stupid.They wear brightly coloured clothing,sit on a frame most of them balancing on two wheels.they get shouted at,spat at.Sprayed with water,driven at,hit and even maimed.Yet they enjoy it.

Tin Pot

Guru

I would be amazed if the aliens were in fact hippies from the seventies.

Reactions: gbb

Tin Pot

Guru
They're all in those.

Strictly it's not Sci Fi actually, it's science fantasy.

colly

Re member eR
I live in Yorkshire and the people here have funny voices, so I don't see how somebody from the other side of the galaxy would speak in RP.

Sithee lad. Dost thar know wheer tha' leader lives by eck? Bin on't meh intergalactic bike all mornin' and ahm gagging fr a pint eh Tetley's
(genuine alien speak honest)

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Star Trek tends to take elements of human culture, over –exaggerate them and then make it the principal cultural trait of an alien race. So with Trek, it’s not just about exploring space, it’s also about exploring ourselves on another level.

Trek aliens are usually of the ‘bumpy forehead’ variety largely down to being a weekly TV show that needs a cheap means of showing who isn’t human. In fact, the most interesting aliens in all SF are the ones who look human but aren’t.

I loved Chris Eccleston’s comeback to Rose in the first Dr Who story when she quizzed him about the fact that if he’s an alien, how come he sounds like he’s from ‘the North’.

‘Lots of planets have a north’ was the witty reply^_^. Very true!.

I also believe that the Doctor once said that humans look like Timelords and not the other way around. He may have gone on to say that although he looks human, he’s ‘not the monkey’s uncle’.

Tin Pot

Guru
Star Trek tends to take elements of human culture, over –exaggerate them and then make it the principal cultural trait of an alien race. So with Trek, it’s not just about exploring space, it’s also about exploring ourselves on another level.

Trek aliens are usually of the ‘bumpy forehead’ variety largely down to being a weekly TV show that needs a cheap means of showing who isn’t human. In fact, the most interesting aliens in all SF are the ones who look human but aren’t.

I loved Chris Eccleston’s comeback to Rose in the first Dr Who story when she quizzed him about the fact that if he’s an alien, how come he sounds like he’s from ‘the North’.

‘Lots of planets have a north’ was the witty reply^_^. Very true!.

I also believe that the Doctor once said that humans look like Timelords and not the other way around. He may have gone on to say that although he looks human, he’s ‘not the monkey’s uncle’.

It took me a while to appreciate sci fi that was examining political science, but I can still enjoy it if it's genuinely exploring new ideas - when it's a boring proxy for US/China and US/Russia relations....not so much.

Top Bottom