All bikes should be fitted with lights!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
NEW BIKES SHOULD BE STOCK/SUPPLIED WITH COMPULSORY LIGHTS.Yes,bloody marvelous idea!!!.With this kind of brainless thinking volunteering for the Government Think Tank is next.I suppose that this will be enforced on any cycle that is used on The Public Highway and to prevent easy removal they will be Tig Welded in place.Removal by none authorised repair/replacement workshops will result in the loss of ones hands.It would be interesting to hear what some of the Pro Cyclists and Manufacturers of Mega Expensive Racing Machines would have to say,(The mere wiff of this in Brussels does not bare thinking about).I think in might be upon these lines:-GO F*K* YOURSELF.Happy & Safe Riding to You All.

BigSteev

To me this discussion is just the same as a helmet debate. In the same way that helmets are available if you want them, so are lights (battery and dynamo), reflectors, hi-viz etc etc. If you want them, cool. Buy them, use them, be happy, feel safe.....but FFS stop trying to impose YOUR risk perception onto others.

OP
OP
chap

chap

Veteran
Debate 101: What did they teach those kids of yesteryear?

TheCyclingRooster said:
NEW BIKES SHOULD BE STOCK/SUPPLIED WITH COMPULSORY LIGHTS.Yes,bloody marvelous idea!!!.With this kind of brainless thinking volunteering for the Government Think Tank is next
GO F*K* YOURSELF.Happy & Safe Riding to You All.

:biggrin:

BigSteev said:
To me this discussion is just the same as a helmet debate.
Buy them, use them, be happy, feel safe.....but FFS stop trying to impose YOUR risk perception onto others.

Who hooked this debate hooked up to the BBC 'Have your say' section?

My advice would be to read the original post, not just the title, as well as some or all of the successive articulate responses.

That way, one saves others the wasted time of reading rot: since the replies will then be likely to read as considered, relevant, and conducive to the debate. This is in contrast to the aforementioned hackneyed rants resembling the cacophonous and shallow vociferations of an anonymous drunkard who is aroused to engage in a potentially contentious issue unencumbered by fact, grammar, conduct, nor rational.

So should I conclude with the obligatory sentence with partially obfuscated swear word: Read the f*cking proposition and debate like a grown up.

Top Bottom