All the same price!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leaway2

Lycrist
I have decided to buy a new bike and have plumped for the Specialized allez 16. I went to a couple of LBSs and looked on the t'interweb, can any one explain why every outlet is selling at the same price, to the penny?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Er.... Recommended Retail Price?

redjedi

Über Member
Specialized may have told retailers not to discount it especially if it's a popular product.

What you may be able to get are extra discounts on accessories though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Specialized dealers do not discount new models only previous years. However as Redjedi quite correctly say. You should be able to swing at least 10% accessories

redjedi

Über Member
Leaway2 said:
Thanks Redjedi, i'll give that try. Pedals perhaps.

And the rest. Try for lot's of little free things that don't cost the shop much i.e. new bottles/holders, repair kits, energy drinks, inner tubes etc.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Once again Redjedi is quite right.
With one of my bikes I got a light set, two bottle cages, a small saddle bag and a set of XT spd Pedals. And as the guys in the shop said to me "Oh bloody hell aright then.. you don't ask you don't get I suppose"...

OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
Hmmmm, I'm not very good on the haggle front, may be a job for SWMBO who excels in this field.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
they want to sell you a bike and to get your repeat business for bits 'n' bobs and servicing. It's good business practice mate.. have a go.. you may surprise yourself. Say to the the LBS you REALLY WANT THIS BIKE...so what can you do for me? No discount? Fine how about some extras?

PBancroft

Leaway2 said:
Hmmmm, I'm not very good on the haggle front, may be a job for SWMBO who excels in this field.

The secret to haggling is to ask, and then shut the hell up. Let them talk themselves into a discount. If they say no, walk away. You can come back later and ask someone else or go to a different store.

That's kinda all there is to it.

postman

Legendary Member
I got £100's worth of freebies .

Gave the voucher to the wife .And she got quite alot of good stuff .

Excellent service aswell .Good store .

Just a plug .Specialized Concept Store ,Harrogate-on the way to Betty's Cafe .

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Kaipaith said:
The secret to haggling is to ask, and then shut the hell up. Let them talk themselves into a discount. If they say no, walk away. You can come back later and ask someone else or go to a different store.

That's kinda all there is to it.

+1 nothing like a bit of quiet browsing after a simple "what can you throw in?" mooch around getting ever closer to the door.

Good luck, its not a Morrocan flea market haggling session, they will know exactly what they can give you!

Top Bottom