All these fatalities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WeeE

rh100 said:
You make a good point about ycle craft, I don't yet have a copy but intend to get one, but I imagine that like the highway code it can only give you an idea how things 'should' work.

As a fairly inexperienced feartie, I can tell you that Cycle Craft is pretty good about warning you of the situations where things don't go the way they "should".

Typically, the second paragraph begins with things like "If a vehicle pulls out of a side road across your path..." or "The greatest hazard [at small roundabouts] is that some drivers race a cyclist to the roundabout".

It doesn'tjust tell you where to position yourself for some given manouevre, but what typical driver-behaviour or (lack of) driver perception it is that makes the alternatives less safe.

And handy "hazard" tips in bold like "Always keep away from the outside edge of a roundabout no matter what exit you are aiming to take!"

For a non-driver like me, it's really, really good. I take it out with me so I can refer to it over a coffee or whatever, while something that I've noticed is still fresh in my mind.

rh100

I've got a copy now :thumbsup:

I'd recommend it for anyone, good idea about referring to it when a situation is fresh in your mind though.

Top Bottom