Allez Elite vs Secteur Apex Elite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake2.0

At what sort of mileage does the comfort of the secteur win over the raw pace of the allez?

Also will the apex 11-32 cassette give better top speed than the allez 12-25 even tho the Secteur has longer wheel base?(Btw the cranks are the same i think 34-50 but not sure)

And last but not least could you do a 100 mile sportive on an Allez?

It's down to the individual what they find comfortable, and for how long, so it makes no sense for someone to answer the question for you. Try both bikes if you haven't already. Though, fyi, I've ridden +150mile sportives on an Allez.With respect to the size of the smallest sprocket - unless you're a real speed merchant you probably won't spend much time pushing 11/50 or 12/50 so I wouldn't worry about it.

OP
OP
J

Jake2.0

Thanks Alien for the reply. Just trying to make sure that whichever one i choose i won't regret it down the line. Tbh if the allez elite had the sram set up instead of tiagra i'd get it no questions. I like the fact that with the sram its alot easier to upgrade as your already a 10 set up rather than the 9 of the tiagra, also at £999 the secteur you'll get £100 of specialized apparel.

Guiddy

I have the 2011 Allez Elite if I can help?
Mods so far have been to replace the Mavic rims for Fulcrum Racing 5 Evolution with Pro race 3 tyres. The Mavics feel sluggish!
The Tiagra is OK, not great TBH!

OP
OP
J

Jake2.0

I have the 2011 Allez Elite if I can help?
Mods so far have been to replace the Mavic rims for Fulcrum Racing 5 Evolution with Pro race 3 tyres. The Mavics feel sluggish!
The Tiagra is OK, not great TBH!

Have you ever ridden a secteur?

Top Bottom