Almost knocked off!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cringles

So today, cycling home from work, I'm cycling towards a junction that has a national STOP sign. The road to the left is very tight, and hedges block your view. The road to right, has perfect view of cars for about 50 metres. I signal to the car behind me, that I'm moving into a primary position. There is a car in front, I've left at least 1 car length for it. The car behind over take me, just as another car turns the corner. The overtaking driver panics a bit, but still cuts in, swearing at me.....He basically over took me..to wait in line before me. I shouted a bit of abuse, but he sped away before he could hear me :sad:

Then about 5 minutes later. I'm doing my usual check behind me. A car is approaching. He hangs back for a bit, as I'm on winding country roads. After a few minutes, he over takes me. But a car comes the other way. The overtaking car, has to cut in. Only this time, its very close. The closest I've come to yet of having a car hit me.

Do you know who that person was who almost knocked me into a country field?....It was my DAD!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh dear - hope you had words.

Dad, how do you fancy visiting me at the morgue ? The grand kids might be non too happy ?

davefb

Guru
Do you know who that person was who almost knocked me into a country field?....It was my DAD!

haha, doesnt he want grandkids then ?

bah, cycled round to my dads once, and what do i get , a tirade about slow cyclists holding people up AND they go thru red lights all the time..

i told him it's a pot kettle situation since he drives a motorhome and used to have a caravan :smile:

Top Bottom