Aloha from Bridgend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keyser soze

Hola guys an gals :smile:

Just started bikecycling for fitness reasons really.. Snapped my patella tendon (knee) in January and am into month 8 on the sick :sad: put on a few stone and need to get it gone..

After weeks of research, i bought a new Carrera TDF for Halfords (not a swear word here i hope), it ticks all my boxes and if i dont stick it out im not too out of pocket, already planning an upgrade next yer lol..

Last week I managed to bend my leg enough to get around the pedals. So did a mile on Fri, same on Sat just to make sure I was ok. Sunday was my big ride out, 6 miles haha, Today I did 7 :smile: crap times of half hourish but managed it.. Luckily my boy is just starting 3 days pw in daycare so should manage some ride outs..

So nice to meet you all and look forward to your advice :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
wave.gif
keyser soze and
wave.gif
to CycleChat !
thebiggrin.gif

That sounds to be a particularly nasty injury to have done to yourself, so hope the cycling helps you get back strength/ fitness in both your knee and the rest of you !

Carrera bikes have usually had good reports - it's the "mechanics" at Ha*****s who are often vilified (sometimes even justifiably :eek:). Well worth asking around for a good Local Bike Shop (LBS) and building relationship with them, both for the wee bits and pieces you 'need'
icon_wink.gif
as you go along and also for the future.
whistling.gif

Take it very easy to start with - and I'm sure you already have the blessing of your physios
icon_smile_approve.gif

I would suggest slow and steady build up of mileage - it is usually reckoned that one should add 10% per week - and not worry about the times. We all started somewhere, most riding to the end of the road and collapsing in a big heap, wondering how we would ever get back !
dry.gif

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
keyser soze

keyser soze

wave.gif
keyser soze and
wave.gif
to CycleChat !
thebiggrin.gif

That sounds to be a particularly nasty injury to have done to yourself, so hope the cycling helps you get back strength/ fitness in both your knee and the rest of you !

Carrera bikes have usually had good reports - it's the "mechanics" at Ha*****s who are often vilified (sometimes even justifiably :eek:). Well worth asking around for a good Local Bike Shop (LBS) and building relationship with them, both for the wee bits and pieces you 'need'
icon_wink.gif
as you go along and also for the future.
whistling.gif

Take it very easy to start with - and I'm sure you already have the blessing of your physios
icon_smile_approve.gif

I would suggest slow and steady build up of mileage - it is usually reckoned that one should add 10% per week - and not worry about the times. We all started somewhere, most riding to the end of the road and collapsing in a big heap, wondering how we would ever get back !
dry.gif
Thanks for the welcome :smile:

I put the bike together myself as I've got pants older than the kid in the shop :laugh:

Physio gave me the green light for low impact exercise, cycling being the best luckily for me.. I'll probably be bugging you all with silly questions for a while now.. Seems friendly here, did flitter through bikeradar and sensed a slight clique to say the least :laugh:

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 39

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Welcome to the forum Good Luck with the cycling. Quite a few South Wales people on here, I am in Barry.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
keyser soze

keyser soze

Welcome to the forum Good Luck with the cycling. Quite a few South Wales people on here, I am in Barry.:thumbsup:

Thanks mate :smile:

OP
OP
keyser soze

keyser soze

Hello here from Cardiff. Sounds like a nasty injury. Hope your recovery goes well.

Thanks mate.. It was a bit rough, all due to socks on stairs and a babygate
rolleyes.gif
2 weeks in hospital, 2 months up to my nuts in plaster and 8 months sick to date, hoping to get back next week tho )

Top Bottom