Alpinestars rehash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
1996 Alpinestars. Mechanically good and all there, STX RC geartrain. The front mech is mank and rusted but I have a NOS XT job from the same era that will take its place.

Time for a refurb. How does copper hammerite and North Road bars grab you? Sort of a lazy natured utility machine with some off road leanings?
You're fitting handlebars to yer Motobike boots :eek: :whistle:

ChrisEyles

Guru
I did a bike up in copper hammerite for a friend over Christmas. TBH I wasn't completely happy with the colour - didn't have any of the nice reddish tones that I was hoping for and looked more like metallic beige.

Maybe rustoleum or another brand do a nicer copper colour, maybe worth checking.

Other than that, sounds like an awesome project, looking forward to the pics!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
. How does copper hammerite and North Road bars grab you? Sort of a lazy natured utility machine with some off road leanings?

North Road bars - absolutely. Copper Hammerite grabs me in places I'd rather not be grabbed, TBH. Not a huge Hammerite fan, unless it's the smooth stuff and the modern tree-hugger formulation is rubbish, IMHO, and nowhere near as durable as the proper old-school version with all the fluffy bunny killing solvents in it.

Top Bottom