Alpkit Cycling glasses, help with changing lenses.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
So I've just received a pair of Alpkit Spectra cycling glasses. Bit of an impulse buy really as I was picking up some other bits.

They have three different interchangeable lenses with them. The problem is, they don't come with any instructions and for the life of me I can't work out how to change them. I've tried squeezing the nose piece and succeeded in popping off one side, but could get no further. I'm a little frightened of breaking something so I'm trying not to get too heavy handed. I've tried Google with no luck and I'll email Alpkit support, but in the meantime, I don't suppose anyone here happens to know what I should do?

IMG_20211119_152435823.jpg

IMG_20211119_152600506.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
My guess would be pop rhe corners out then the nose bridge. Twist the lenses foraed and they should be out.

You'd be surprised at how much they will bend before snapping. My partner is an optician and it always makes me wince watching them do it.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211119-150309_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211119-150309_Samsung Internet.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
chriswoody

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Thanks.

I think the little tab at the side may prevent me from getting the corners out though.

I'll give it a bit of a go shortly though, in for a penny in for a pound?

As you say, they will probably take a fair bit before breaking.

OP
OP
chriswoody

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Try emailing Alpkit. They are usually very responsive.

I was going to do it after the weekend, as you say, they are a good company to deal with, which is part of the reason I like to buy their stuff.

@Jody that really does look like the solution, thank you. I've given it a try though and the nose bridge seems to be too stiff to make it work. I'm going to keep trying though, because I'm sure you're right, those Oakleys look identical to these Alpkit ones.

Top Bottom