alps challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkystu

H im looking for help on crossing the alps i am doing a charity bike ride and need some help i am finding it hard to get clear details. i am looking at doing a casual ride not a race. I am travelling from Hannover (germany) to rome ( italy). The main difficulty i am facing is planning a route through the alps if anyone has tips, advice or information that could help would be great i need information on; what is the best and quickest route (the most direct will probably be the best i think), how long it will take to cross the actuall alps before i enter italy etc i am planning to do this challenge in the last week of august 2010 so i think the weather wont be to extreme and the roads passable, help would be hugly appreciated thanks.

willem

Über Member
This route: http://www.cyclingeurope.nl/rome is taken bij many Dutch cycletourists each year, and it is relatively easy. For the actual crossing of the Alps is uses the very quiet and authentic Spluegen pass. We did large parts of it with our children. You could also have a look at http://www.veloland.ch/de/welcome.cfm
Enjoy the ride
Willem

quote name='monkystu' date='16 July 2010 - 17:29:34' timestamp='1279297774' post='1330939']
H im looking for help on crossing the alps i am doing a charity bike ride and need some help i am finding it hard to get clear details. i am looking at doing a casual ride not a race. I am travelling from Hannover (germany) to rome ( italy). The main difficulty i am facing is planning a route through the alps if anyone has tips, advice or information that could help would be great i need information on; what is the best and quickest route (the most direct will probably be the best i think), how long it will take to cross the actuall alps before i enter italy etc i am planning to do this challenge in the last week of august 2010 so i think the weather wont be to extreme and the roads passable, help would be hugly appreciated thanks.
[/quote]

andym

Über Member
i am planning to do this challenge in the last week of august 2010

I don't know which route this distance calculator used for their calculation, but it gives the result of 732 miles. Over a hundred miles a day over the Alps? And don't underestimate how hot it will be flogging your way across the Po plain even at the end August - checkout weatherbase.com

Top Bottom