Alternate Endings....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

just jim

All "Terminator" films would end a lot more quickly if instead of grabbing their pray and throwing them across a room, Terminators simply tear them limb from limb. I'm sure they could do this quite easily.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
MacB said:
weird I thought a happy ending would have ruined it

no way :wacko: the pair of them still love each other but she had moved on as she thought he was dead, she was the one thing that got him through it all (apart from the football). you think there going to get back together but then she already has a child so they do the decent thing.

he's driving way in the rain and all you want them to do is get back together. i have to admit, this film always make me cry, so much so that i cant really watch it any more.

happy ending please !!!!

PS: terminator is null and void. it clearly states in the first film that nothing metal can travel through the time machine, thats why they don't have any "ray guns" the first terminator is covered in skin so he's OK, but the second terminator is... LIQUID METAL !!!! time to turn off :smile:

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
actually i think the way they totally #### ## titanic is actually a bit of an insult to those that were on the ship. is the story not dramatic enough without all that crap.

war of the worlds was also insulting to the original novel and completely missed the point of the earth being at a point in time where they are totally unprepared and unable to fight the martians, its only the bacteria that can save them. this huge difference in "technology" is what makes the story so dramatic, almost like someone pouring boiling water over a nest of ants. really didn't need to see the freaky midget cruse running around :wacko:

rh100

If you want a proper War of the Worlds experience, listen to Jeff Wayne's musical version, with the voiceover of Richard Burton and some classic tracks, I think it's awesome. The film was just usual Hollywood blandness.

Castaway was a good ending I thought, you get the sad bit but then he meets the recipient of the parcel he kept with him - good I thought. I think out of all Tom Hanks films, Forest Gump had the perfect ending, what a film.

Worst ending ever? Could it be AI - you can see the join line where Spielberg takes over and screws up an otherwise enjoyable film, talk about dragging it on past any form of credibility.

rh100

guitarpete247 said:
Just think what the Americans did to Gilliam's "Brazil". Don't change anything the director wants.

How do you mean - the one I watched I thought was quite good, are there different versions? Isn't the ending where he ends up in la la land to escape the torture or am I thinking of something else?

rh100

One I wished had a different ending, The Village, should have ended with the director coming on to apologise for such an awfull film, complete contrast to the Sixth Sense.

PBancroft

jig-sore said:
cast away with tom hanks. he finally gets home and his girl is with someone else...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

happy ending please :biggrin:

Loved the end of that fillum. One of my favourites. Sad endings, when appropriate, rock.

I suppose, endings which utterly depart from the book can be a distraction, upsetting even, if you read the book first. The worst-ever ending to a movie, that I can think of, is Day of the Triffids - the 1960s movie I mean. Anyone who's seen it will know exactly what I mean. On the other hand, if they ever make a movie of another John Wyndham classic, Chrysalids, I do hope they come up with an ending different from the book!

Crankarm

Guru
ET - phones home and there is no answer :laugh:.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
rh100 said:
Castaway was a good ending I thought, you get the sad bit but then he meets the recipient of the parcel he kept with him - good I thought. I think out of all Tom Hanks films, Forest Gump had the perfect ending, what a film.

Any film with Tom Hanks in it is pretty much guaranteed to be awful. IMHO, Forrest Gump may not be the worst film ever made, but it is mawkish shite. Never mind, The Green Mile is even worse...

PBancroft

661-Pete said:
I suppose, endings which utterly depart from the book can be a distraction, upsetting even, if you read the book first. The worst-ever ending to a movie, that I can think of, is Day of the Triffids - the 1960s movie I mean. Anyone who's seen it will know exactly what I mean. On the other hand, if they ever make a movie of another John Wyndham classic, Chrysalids, I do hope they come up with an ending different from the book!

I preferred the altered ending to Watchmen. I didn't overly love the film as a whole (it seemed to drag a bit) the new climax was a little more believable, even for a comic book movie.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
rh100 said:
How do you mean - the one I watched I thought was quite good, are there different versions? Isn't the ending where he ends up in la la land to escape the torture or am I thinking of something else?
The US version the "Love Conquers All" version has a happy ending with Sam Lowry and Jill Layton driving off, in her truck, into the sunset to live happily ever after. Gilliam refused to accept it but it was put out for the US market to make it more commercial:sad:.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
threebikesmcginty said:
How about in Duel if the truck just manages to get to Dennis Weaver's car before he drives it out of the way and he shunts him off the cliff instead.

Or Rob Schneider and Richard Dreyfuss getting mown down by a cruise liner while paddling home at the end of Jaws.

rh100

guitarpete247 said:
The US version the "Love Conquers All" version has a happy ending with Sam Lowry and Jill Layton driving off, in her truck, into the sunset to live happily ever after. Gilliam refused to accept it but it was put out for the US market to make it more commercial:sad:.

Oh thats a shame. For some reason that film passed me by until someone reccomended I get the DVD, really is a good film.

Top Bottom