Alternative headset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I'm looking for an alternative headset for a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX. My current Acros Ai-70 headset bearings are on the way out and I'd rather a more traditional headset with an expander / top cap than another Acros. Has any other CC Canyon owners done a similar operation???

lpretro1

But isn't the Canyon an integrated headset so you are stuck with it?

Svendo

Guru
Surely you can fit a new integrated headset, unless it's an issue fitting an expander to the fork steerer if it's specifically designed for the ai-70 system? Look up the specs here. I did with my old storck although it was a normal top cap & expander style acros headset not a new fangled Ai-70. I also had trouble with the crown race and had to get the LBS to remove the old one, although if there's no problem with the old one and it's compatible (which in theory it should be) you could just leave it. The bike actually ended up with bits from three different headset 'sets' before it got broken by a car.

OP
OP
jdtate101

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
HOPE say they might have something that will do the job, I'm just waiting upon them to come back to me. Otherwise Canyon can send me another Acros for £50., not ideal but as a last resort it will have to do...

Top Bottom