Alternative to an RGR805 24" wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kne123

Hello,
Unfortunately a neighbour has run over my daughter's bike and damaged the rear wheel!
I'm looking for a Raleigh RGR805 or alternative but I'm struggling to find anything?
Can anyone help with an alternative or know of somewhere it could be in stock?

It's a black rear 24" freewheel (screw on), rim brakes with quick release. It's a Pinnacle aspen bike.

I would be most grateful for any help as I would like to get the bike fixed asap!
Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Tredz claim to have it...however call to check as they are known for showing as having stock and then they don't!
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Tru-Build-24x1-75-Junior-Rear-Wheel_212531.htm?

or eBay?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-24...-/184541867645?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Last edited:

Big John

Guru
I'm a volunteer at a local bike charity. I've no idea whereabouts you are but there a loads of bike charities scattered round the country and with any luck there might be one near you. To all intents and purposes they're bike scrapyards and are full of often good quality used parts. A quick search on Google might show if there's one near you. For a used wheel, especially the size you're looking for, we'd charge no more than £10 and for that you'd probably even get a tyre thrown in. Good luck 🤞

OP
OP
K

Kne123

thanks, will have a google!

I'm a volunteer at a local bike charity. I've no idea whereabouts you are but there a loads of bike charities scattered round the country and with any luck there might be one near you. To all intents and purposes they're bike scrapyards and are full of often good quality used parts. A quick search on Google might show if there's one near you. For a used wheel, especially the size you're looking for, we'd charge no more than £10 and for that you'd probably even get a tyre thrown in. Good luck 🤞

vickster

Legendary Member
thank you - it looks like that is not the quick release version? - would it be possible to use the quick release part I already have?
Ahh you might be right. There was I think a pair of sliver wheels on eBay...if you can't find just the rear one in black.

Otherwise, perhaps ask your local bike shop what they can source (if they sell Raleigh you might get some joy)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
He did offer - he is a paramedic so I declined, I'm sure they are under enough pressure as it is and it was an accident
That's fair enough

Top Bottom