Alternative to Conti GP4000S?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In need of a new tyre to replace a worn Conti GP4000S, but these seem to be getting more and more expensive at >£30 per tyre.

Anyone know of a comparable tyre that has good puncture protection/grip levels that are a bit cheaper, ideally at 25mm?

MattHB

Proud Daddy
CRC have gator skin wired in for £22. If you don't mind the weight of non-folding you won't go far wrong.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I belive the ultra sports were fitted to the carrera vanquish and - or virtuoso. Reports suggested they were decent... until it rained, then lots of "moment" followed.

Garz

Squat Member
looking at this tooo got my 4000's on offer at 25 per tyre thought that was a bit to much considering milage but tyre is great but the price seems to being going up and up !

been looking at and thinking about http://www.wiggle.co.uk/continental-ultra-sport-road-tyre/ at £12ish there alot cheap anyone use these day in day out? i do 44miles a day FYI

I agree the prices of tyres has gone up unless I am imagining it. I was also considering the Ultra sports, anyone share their opinion of them I would be interested also?

Top Bottom