Alternatives to Vango Ark 200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst in Go Outdoors at the weekend buying a new mat ( an OEX compact ) one of the staff told me that OEX was making a play to take over Vangos share of the outdoor market. I must admit their kit looked very good for the money. I just hope the mat is as comfortable for a month as it was for the 5 minutes i tried it.
Yes, I looked at OEX rucksacks recently, seemed pretty good.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have the Vango Banshee 200 which i saw put up in my local Go Outdoors. Plenty of room for 1 but not 2 and has 2 side openings.
Just bought a Vango Banshee 200 and will try it this weekend. One benefit is you can just pitch the outer for even lighter weight trips.....
I shall experiment!

Whilst in Go Outdoors at the weekend buying a new mat ( an OEX compact ) one of the staff told me that OEX was making a play to take over Vangos share of the outdoor market. I must admit their kit looked very good for the money. I just hope the mat is as comfortable for a month as it was for the 5 minutes i tried it.

Yes, I looked at OEX rucksacks recently, seemed pretty good.

Yes i noticed their stuff when i was in a go outdoors a week or two ago.

Does anyone know anything about the pedigree of oex/who they are?

Is their stuff too cheap?

I like the design of Vango tents but have a concern that build quality may be a bit wonky at times, particularly the poles they use.

That said, just bought my second vango tent. Wish me luck.

OP
OP
Riverman

Riverman

Guru
Yes i noticed their stuff when i was in a go outdoors a week or two ago.

Does anyone know anything about the pedigree of oex/who they are?

Is their stuff too cheap?

I like the design of Vango tents but have a concern that build quality may be a bit wonky at times, particularly the poles they use.

That said, just bought my second vango tent. Wish me luck.

Speaking of which, the Helix does look prone to falling down unlike a geodesic design. How much of an issue do you think that is with tunnel tents like the helix.

edit: interesting thread here
http://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/A...ckpacking/A-friend-and-I-are-hoping-to-do-so/

Top Bottom