Altura Cropton windproof jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Flaming heck !!! how many jackets do you need ?
I was incredibly lucky to get a new Cropton jacket at the carboot this week...50p :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
My commute's anywhere between 5 and 10 miles each way, depending on the route and my mood.
Wore the Altura Cropton windproof jacket this morning...what a revelation. My Nevis jacket is perfect for winter, much too heavy for the spring though. My Lusso jacket's too light for winter, just right early spring, but its already getting too warm for the Lusso.
The cropton was brilliant with the temps about 6 degrees this morning and still very wearable this afternoon at maybe 12/14 degrees. No sweating even this afternoon, mind i dnt sweat excessively anyway.
I'm a cold blooded creature and couldnt possibly go without something windproof even at 12 degrees or so. Keeping any wind off my bad back is important too.
The jacket's light, bright and quite good looking.
No front pocket which is a bit of a minus but i suspect the jackets so light anything heavy you put in pockets is going to make the jacket sag somewhat.
Elasticated wrists stay put.
Sizing must be odd though. I'm only 10.5 stone and lightly built, the jacket is an XL which i was prepared to gamble with considering the price...and although its not snug, it's certainly not too big either. Normally i think a medium does me with most jackets/clothing.

The value of a light windproof jacket, Altura or other, can't be underestimated for comfortable riding / commuting.
So three jackets it is then :rolleyes:

Top Bottom