Altura Nightvision Jkt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I had a Nevis and loved it the moment I put it on - it felt great and fitted so well. However it very quickly became very damp and was very unbreathable. I now stick with my Goretex Paclite for really heavy rain, and have an Altura Air Defence which is not waterproof, but a great all round winter jacket. http://www.endura.co.uk/air-defence.html

I do like the look of the Nightvision though

I followed a chap with a Nightvision on the Exmouth Exodus this year. Very, very good reflective performance. No idea how good the rest of it was though. I have a four year old Altura Nevislite and it's never been remotely breathable.

giant man

I had a chat with a LBS on Saturday about this jacket and he seemed to think you are paying 10 quid more than the Nevis for the reflective parts. The way he was talking was it wasn't worth it so I dunno ....... I personally prefer the look of the Night Vision though have to say.

If you're going to be out a lot at night, you can't beat a Foska Bones jacket. When the nights draw in and it gets cool enough to need it, you'll laugh out loud as the on-coming traffic dip their lights and reduce their speed whilst they do a double take. Decent water resistance and good breathability. The lining means it's too warm past about March.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
User76 said:
I have just done a search, and am amazed that we have no references to this jkt. I am thinking of getting one this week, does anyone have one? Are they good value, or should I go for the Nevis instead and save £15. I understand the reflective bits are very good on the nightvision.

Any comments on the jacket most welcome.

Did you miss BTFB three page thread about getting Altura Nightvision Jkt??

chorlton

I've got the Night Vision jacket and have worn it every day so far this week. For commuting and dark nights I think it is great. It can get warm with it on though so a lighter weight jacket is better for summer. For Autumn and Winter though it's just the job for me. My commute is 10 miles each way.

gbb

Legendary Member
I think in the price range we are talking about, you're going to get hot in any of them.
I have a Lusso, which is lighter than a Nevis, and a Nevis....i get hot in both of them. Theyre ok for leisurely rides, but push it along a bit, you gonna sweat.:blush:
FWIW, i prefer the Lusso. Its lighter, the cuts better IMO...although the Nevis is better made...no question.
That said, the Lusso's three years old now, i always use it for commuting in dodgy weather...its still going strong.

Top Bottom