Altura Reflex Jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Just ordered one from Wiggle. The on-line reviews on Bikeradar and RoadcyclingUK give it the thumbs up, just wondering if there were any of you out there that have one and would like to proffer an opinion.

Thanks,
Stu

SamNichols

I've got a Kinetic (the one down from it), and it's a good jacket. It gets a bit hot, but not unmanageably so, and keeps most of the wind out too.

byegad

Legendary Member
My wife and I have both had one a couple of years. So they will be slightly different to the latest one I'd guess. They're waterproof pack down well and the zips help with sweat, but In warmer weather it does get wet inside as they don't breathe.

yello

byegad said:
but In warmer weather it does get wet inside as they don't breathe.

For me, a cycling jacket that doesn't breath is majorly uncomfortable and I wouldn't bother. Even in cooler weather you still get warm, unless you're hardly moving. Boil-in-the-bag jackets are available for under a tenner, so there's no need to be paying extra for it!

If you can afford it, pay that bit extra and get something decent - jackets made of eVent are supposed to be the dogs. Or just accept that you're going to get wet in a downpour and opt for something breathable and water-resistant as opposed to waterproof. I personally recommend pertex - £30 will get you a Montane Featherlite for instance.

Having just ranted, I don't know the Altura Reflex and it may well offer decent breathability...

... just looked and it purports to! At £100-ish rrp you'd kind of hope it does! Good luck!

OP
OP
jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Well I got mine last Thurs, have worn it in two downpours, stayed dry and sweat free. On the ride home tonight, experiencing the new Spring that is the old winter that was, no boil in the bag experience for me...so money well spent IMHO.

Tynan

Veteran
hard to compare these sorts of thing because one rider is going to ride harder and hotter than another

the night vision that I have is warm and snug early doors but rapidly gets hot unless it's very cold, it's superb for night visibility which was my main motivation

something pertex related for the summer I think

Top Bottom