Aluminium bottle w/ cage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wouldnt want to run over an alu bottle either in a group ride..

I hate the taste of plastic, and of aluminium, so I use the aluminium ones by Zefal that are lined. ( With carbon glass fibre cage )

In the 18 months I've used them they have never been run over by a following rider…
mainly 'cause I'm never in front. :sad:

Paul G

I used to use the sigg bottles with sports top until I found camalbak bottles around 7 years ago. Still got my original camelbak bottle though the kids had been replaced several times.
Didn't have any problems with it rattling nor of people running it over because it tended to get pushed out of the way of the wheel rather than actually run over.
This sort of thing..

15600-160311102413-1267995750.jpg

www.gooutdoors.co.uk/sigg-sports-wide-mouth-p182754

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
I used to use the sigg bottles with sports top until I found camalbak bottles around 7 years ago. Still got my original camelbak bottle though the kids had been replaced several times.
Didn't have any problems with it rattling nor of people running it over because it tended to get pushed out of the way of the wheel rather than actually run over.
This sort of thing..

View attachment 77985

www.gooutdoors.co.uk/sigg-sports-wide-mouth-p182754
That looks very practical. It doesn't come in any cheaper than the 24bottles urban ones though, which I think look far more stylish, and as I'm not going to need to be drinking while cycling (any excuse to pull over for a minute is fine by me!) I don't really need the sports cap. Still, my grandad would turn in his grave if he knew I was thinking of spending £60 on 2 drinks bottles :ohmy:

Top Bottom