Always - Like a Girl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
I'll take that for now. I actually thought the dark-haired girl with the dark blue dress got the most air-time - she was great. I loved it when the girl at the end said that actually running like a girl meant "like me" and did it how she would do it, not some mythical girly-girl.

And the boy who thought he hadn't just insulted his sister. There you have it, really - "girls/old people/boys/men/cyclists are SUCH a pain, oh I didn't mean you." Yeah, well, you kinda did.

Ganymede

Veteran
[QUOTE 3160183, member: 45"]Yes, she was.[/QUOTE]
And on reflection - I'm not going to pretend that there aren't a lot of girly-girls out there who stand with their legs crossed and look cute. We're not all sporty and I'm delighted with the diversity of womankind. Hell, I scrub up pretty well myself and enjoy it!

Ganymede

Veteran
[QUOTE 3160202, member: 45"]It's the bit about standing with your legs crossed because you're supposed to that I'm uncomfortable with.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'm not keen on it. It is a bit of a side-effect of silly shoes, and also of lack of athleticism, which is a problem with a lot of young women who've been brought up with vile PE lessons (don't get me started on that!). I watch people walk sometimes and am amazed how weak people's legs are - men and women.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I like that a lot.
Apparently, I hit like a girl. If I hit someone, they tend to stay hit. Most people who have been lumped one by an angry woman would have a rethink of their 'hit like a girl' thoughts :boxing:
I was told that I climb like a girl. Yup, I do. It's a female thing. Good climbers do climb like a girl, they use the big muscle groups in their legs and bum to get themselves up a rockface and use their arms for balance. It's much less tiring, less macho for sure but if you watch good male climbers, they climb like a girl. When hubster was told that he climbs like a girl, he smiled and said 'thank you'.

Not a girly girl. Never have been, never will be

stephec

Legendary Member
I like that a lot.
Apparently, I hit like a girl. If I hit someone, they tend to stay hit. Most people who have been lumped one by an angry woman would have a rethink of their 'hit like a girl' thoughts :boxing:
I was told that I climb like a girl. Yup, I do. It's a female thing. Good climbers do climb like a girl, they use the big muscle groups in their legs and bum to get themselves up a rockface and use their arms for balance. It's much less tiring, less macho for sure but if you watch good male climbers, they climb like a girl. When hubster was told that he climbs like a girl, he smiled and said 'thank you'.

Not a girly girl. Never have been, never will be

I wouldn't want to spill your pint. :biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Would this be a bad time to mention Mooncups?

Nahhhh
A bad time to mention moon cups might be for example when you've got a stiffy like a telegraph pole and you're hoping to ravage the girl of your dreams ....

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I don't do much "like a girl", to my great regret, I must admit: life would have been easier!
But I do ride my bikes "like a girl". This does actually annoy some of my cycling girlfriends, would you believe it?

Ganymede

Veteran
Girly girls are great, and so are girly boys. :girl:

It's the macho types who aren't so great.
Very fond of girly boys m'self.

And the ones who could be macho twits but instead they are giving it some thought. I call that an Alpha-minus male. Good stuff!

Top Bottom