Always suffering with sweat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Unless you have some underlying illness, sweating is very good for your body. Think of that that rubbish that's removed from your body via sweat.

Just drink plenty of fluid to replace what you lose.

dav1d

Moodyman said:
Unless you have some underlying illness, sweating is very good for your body. Think of that that rubbish that's removed from your body via sweat.

Just drink plenty of fluid to replace what you lose.

I have excessive thirst and drink way more water than I should really, but I tried cutting down and it was a nightmare - always dry mouth, and really gasping for a drink! I am being tested for illnesses though cos I have other symptoms, still waiting for the result of my MRI scan.

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
[QUOTE

Just drink plenty of fluid to replace what you lose.[/QUOTE]

+1 it might seem counter intuitive but do drink lots of water... (and cut down on any coffee and sugars)

jimboalee

I have phases of extraordinary perspiring ( for me, anyway ).

The bouts of sweating seem to be when I'm overly stressed at work or home, and have a couple or three lousey night's sleep.
I get fatigued quicker and doing more exercise aggrevates the problem.

My cure is to get a couple of early night's after a hot mug of milk with a shot of Bourbon. Listen to some relaxing music and drop off to sleep.

Fiona N

Veteran
jimboalee said:

The bouts of sweating seem to be when I'm overly stressed at work or home, and have a couple or three lousey night's sleep.

Menopausal hot flushes, obviously ;)

dav1d

jimboalee said:

My cure is to get a couple of early night's after a hot mug of milk with a shot of Bourbon. Listen to some relaxing music and drop off to sleep.

I have trouble sleeping - I usually take hours getting to sleep and wake up frequently. The sweating happens most of the time and the feeling hot also happens most of the time despite the weather. Doctor has refered me to an endocrinoligist (sp?) so hopefully they can do something.

I sweat constantly as well, will always have a fan on or the air con (one advantage of working in IT is a cold server room) and am frequently the only person in the office who thinks the room is hot. I also sleep with all of the windows open, if I manage to get any sleep.

I have found that the Triple Dry Anti-perspirant Stick is the only thing that works for me and I have to use it every night, instead of the every 3 days or so it states. I also drink far more than my husband - 3 or 4 litres a day normally and this increases considerably when exercising. My husband jokes that we could never cycle across a desert becuase he could not carry enough water for both of us. On the bright side of things, I don't have to find a convienient bush anywhere near as often as my husband needs to :girl:.

Top Bottom